Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just peachy

How funny that this week our baby is the size of a peach, I love it! A funny little story to share. My younger sister, Veronica called me and inquired how I was feeling. I gave her an update and then she asked me to remind her how far a long I am. I simply told her that I was already in my 2nd trimester. She then asked, "how many months are in a trimester again?" "Three", I said. "And how many trimesters are there?" "Three", I answered. I went on to explain, "You know, 'tri' meaning three and there are three months to every trimester adding up to 9 months."

If I could have seen her face, I think I literally would have seen a light bulb pop up over her head because she seemed amazed to put it all together like the missing piece to a puzzle was found. "Oh", she said, "it all makes sense now!"

Well, I thought that was funny until I told my husband of our conversation and I DID see a light bulb go off over his head. His fake laugh after my story led me to believe that he, like my sister, were finally aware of some basic knowledge. I called him out on it and he couldn't stop laughing then. I know him too well not to have caught that one!

2 comments:

TMG FARM said...

JODI CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you! You are going to be the best mommy out there. I love the story about Nika. Your little one is going to have the best aunties and uncles. I hope your pregnancy is great. Its so fun but scary at the same time.

Jodi and TJ said...

Thanks Monica!