Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby's heartbeat

Today was my first appointment with my new OB/GYN who will monitor us (me and baby) through the pregnancy and then ultimately deliver the baby. Well, hopefully deliver the baby - if she's not sick, has a day off or is on vacation when I go into labor.

I really like my new doctor, her personality reminds me a bit like Tyra Banks yet in the face she looks more like Thandie Newton. Overall, she's spunky, loud and very likable. Hmmm...sounds like someone I know.

When we were discussing how far along I am today (8 weeks and 3 days) she said she wanted to get a quick look at the baby to see if she could see a heartbeat...not a typical ultrasound - but a quickie.

It happened so fast, my first glimpse at baby AND baby's heartbeat. But there it was, a little peanut and a very fast flutter (baby's heart). It was exciting. So, despite the nausea, I feel very happy today. Can't wait for my first "real" ultrasound in a couple weeks. Hopefully my hubby will get to be there too!

No comments: