I can hardly believe that the month of July is already nearing an end...but my pregnancy still has a ways to go. The past few weeks have been full of changes that have left me wondering, "why do people get pregnant?" Or better yet, "how do they get through this?"
I must be the biggest wimp but I'll be as honest as ever...here are just a few of the changes/complaints I have (and I feel I have a right to vent - not that I need validation - but it makes me feel better to do so):
1) Belly popping straight out - where are my toes? The worst part is that when I tell people I still have over 3 months left they look at me like I'm joking. "No, I'm not due tomorrow, I just look it."
2) Nausea...again - not because of hormones but because of baby's size pushing against my insides (according to my doctor).
3) This goes with number 2 - big baby (I cried when my doctor told me...who wants a giant?).
4) Growing feet! I'm nearly a 1/2 size bigger and my old shoes don't work anymore...and say goodbye to my wonderful heels that make me feel sexy - none of that!
5) Pelvic pain. Need I say more?
6) Leg cramps - charlie horses in the night.
7) This goes with number 6 - can't sleep (I know this one won't get any better even after baby's born).
8) Running to the bathroom more often than not...even if I've just gone!
9) Lower back pain - from my growing belly/baby.
10) And my favorite - acne. Seriously? I'm in my mid-30's...this just pushes my "ugly" button to a whole new level. I'm feeling like the most unattractive woman in the world. I guess the surge in hormones isn't helping me to feel any better either.
There you have it...my top ten...I actually left a couple off just to keep it a shorter list. I don't know if I need a day at the spa for some pampering, a makeover or what to help me get through this...but I pray some relief comes soon! :( I'm kind of having a hard time with this pregnancy stuff.
4 comments:
Awww...I'm so sorry pregnancy has been less than enjoyable for you. The good part is it *will* end ~ and you will be hard-pressed to remember everything that made you uncomfortable while you were waiting for your little bundle of joy.
Maybe a spa visit *would* be a good idea.... ;)
I thought you looked great when I saw you last night! Don't listen to those people who think you're due soon. I have a feeling most of them are men who have no clue how big your belly gets near the end of pregnancy.
Your shoes may fit again. Sometimes it's just swollen feet. If not, what size did you wear? I'm a 7.5 ;-)
Dear Jodi,
Pretty soon you will have a beautiful baby that you could never imagine loving as much as you do. All of the pregnancy side effects will go away and before you know it you will be ready to do it again and again. So so worth the misery and feeling ugly for 10 months...I promise! Love the girl who dislikes being pregnant the most, but is on baby #4.
Thanks to you all for your kind comments...and for reminding me that this is just temporary. The true joy will come in just a few short months. It's nice to have people who understand give me words of encouragement! :)
Post a Comment