Tuesday, April 12, 2011

False advertising

It seems as though all of my memories of my Mom being pregnant are all good ones. Did she ever experience the nausea, the body aches or "growing pains", the constant queasy feeling and need to rush to the toilet to upchuck, the extreme exhaustion, the endless bloating feeling (and uncomfortable gas upstairs and downstairs)? How about the tender bosoms or the emotional roller coaster of feelings?

I can honestly say that most all of the women I know who have been pregnant at one point or another have since said nothing but good things about their "experience"...so did they forget? Are they lying to me? Am I just the only one with these symptoms? Is there some sort of a ploy to get others to believe that pregnancy is the "most wonderful thing in the world" with only ups and no downs?!

Well, I'm gonna burst happy bubbles here...it's not all fun and games ladies. Give me 4 inch stilettos, a corset and my wax lady...nothing compares to this!
So, I just feel a bit misled as to what pregnancy would be like. Call me naive...I deserve it...but I'm hoping that the 2nd trimester will be my "happy time"...like the same ladies have recently proclaimed to me in light of their earlier false advertisements about pregnancy. Love you Mom, for being so brave and having NINE children.

No comments: